You are here
Informational meetings are available to parents and guardians who are interested in learning more about Elements (Grades 2-3) and Dimensions Academy (Grades 4-8) programs for highly and profoundly gifted students.
Meetings include information regarding both elementary programs and the middle school DA program and take place from 6 - 7 p.m.
Ridgeview Elementary School
9400 Nesbitt Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55438
- Monday, Dec 10, 2018
- Thursday, Feb 7, 2019
Oak Grove Elementary School
1301 W. 104th St
Bloomington, MN 55431
- Thursday, Nov 8, 2018
- Thursday, January 17, 2019
Presentacion de la junta informativa
Elementary Building ToursOak Grove Elementary tours
- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018: 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019: 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019: 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019: 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019: 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019: 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Middle School Building and Program Tours
Please contact Sean Hildebrandt, Middle School Gifted & Talented Coordinator, to arrange for a tour.
- Phone: 952-681-6655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyingThe parent portion of the application for Elements or Dimensions Academy for the 2017-18 school year is now online. You can access the application here. Note that the teacher recommendation form (see links below) must be submitted separately by your child's teacher.
Completed online applications are automatically submitted to the Gifted and Talented Office. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure that the teacher recommendation form (links below) and any additional outside assessments be delivered by the application due date.The questions in the online application process may take time for reflection and documentation. You may choose to use this document to record your answers prior to beginning the online application. This form is for your planning purposes only and should NOT be returned to the Gifted and Talented Office.
A teacher recommendation form must be submitted for every applicant
- Elements Teacher Recommendation Form
- DA Elementary Teacher Recommendation Form
- DA Middle School Teacher Recommendation Form
- Nobel Teacher Recommendation Form
- DA High School Teacher Recommendation Form
Bloomington Public Schools
Gifted and Talented Office
1350 W 106th St
Bloomington, MN 55431-4126
Deadlines for online applications
Elements (Grades 2-3)
March 1, 2019, by 4 p.m.
Elementary Dimensions Academy (Grades 4-5)
Feb. 1, 2019, by 4 p.m.
Middle School Dimensions Academy (Grades 6-8)
November 20, 2018, by 4 p.m.
Middle School Nobel Program (Grades 6-8)
October 24, 2018, by 4 p.m.
High School Dimensions Academy (Grades 9-10)
February 1, 2019, by 4 p.m.
You will be notified of placement decisions via U.S. mail approximately one month after the application deadline.
Appeals ProcessThe appeals process for Jefferson High School 9th grade Honors can be found here.
Appeals for all other programs should be directed to Erin Boltik at email@example.com or 952-681-6494.