The Employee Safety Guide is intended as a reference tool for employees to use when questions regarding health and safety in the workplace may arise. If you have questions regarding the District Employee Health and Safety Program, please contact Michael Oxborough at 952-806-8764.
Health and Safety Management Plans
The following is a list of Health and Safety Management Plans. For complete program please contact the Health & Safety office at 952-806-8764. The complete programs are also located in the Health & Safety file cabinet in each building.
- Bloodborne Pathognes Infectious Wastes & Agents
- Community Right to Know
- Compressed Gas
- Confined Space
- Electrical Safety
- Employee Right to Know
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hazardous Waste
- Health and Safety Committee
- Hearing Conservation
- Indoor Air Quality
- Integrated Pest
- Lab Safety & Chemical Hygiene
- Lead in Drinking Water
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Power Folding Doors & Partition Operation Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Site Base Filing Cabinet
- Underground Storage Tank
- Welding, Cutting or Brazing
- Workplace Accident Injury Reduction Program
- The Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires districts to notify parents annually concerning asbestos-containing building materials in schools. This summer, the district removed asbestos from a number of facilities related to construction occuring at those sites.
- The Janet B. Johnson Parents' Right to Know Act requires notification when application of pesticides/herbicides are used on school property. As a general rule, the district applies a dandelion preventer at times when there is no scheduled use of an affected area, and a pesticide on an as-needed basis. Each facility is inspected monthly, and when required, the least harmful persticide (Category IV) is used in affected areas.
Please contact Michael Oxborough, Safety & Risk Management, 952-806-8764 with questions or concerns.