You are here
American Indian Education Program
K-3 Families Come Join Us - Families Learning For Life Programming!
There will be a focus on Literacy – listening, reading, speaking and learning though play.
There will be a total of 4 sessions.
All sessions are on Saturdays.
- Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Mar. 9 from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Mar. 23 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Parent and child time together with games and fun hands-on learning experiences
- Opportunities to meet other parents of Native children in the district AND for children to interact with other Native students
For your child to be included in the Title VI program count, we need an Indian Education (506) Form filled out. These forms generate program funding for your child and all the Native American students attending Bloomington Public Schools.
The Indian Education Program of Bloomington Public Schools is committed to working together with parents and families in order to meet the unique educational and cultural needs of students of American Indian heritage.
The goals and activities are determined with assistance and guidance provided by the District's American Indian Parent Advisory Committee (AIPAC) as well as ongoing community needs assessments conducted by the program. If you are interested in joining the Parent Committee and/or learning more about the American Indian Education Program, please call Hiedi Hecker for more information.
Indian Education, ISD 271
Pond Early Learning Center
9600 3rd Avenue South, Room 205B
Bloomington, MN 55420