The purpose of the
Bloomington Learning Summit is to enhance the skills of teachers, drawing on the professional expertise of BPS staff and creating an opportunity for all teachers to develop skills and strategies related to curriculum, instruction & assessment, personalized learning, equity and social emotional learning.Click here
to view the 2017 schedule, session descriptions, and registration directions.
- Aug. 8-10 for elementary and early learning services staff
- Aug. 15-17 for secondary, BCCA, Choice and Metro South staff
Location Bloomington Public SchoolsEducational Services Center1350 W. 106th StreetBloomington, MN 55431
Who Should AttendTeachers and licensed staff
- First year focus on licensed staff (including special education and community education)
- Paraprofessionals, bus drivers, health associates, OEE, etc.
- Bloomington-based non-public teachers as space allows
Bloomington Learning Summit offers...
- paid professional development (for Bloomington Public Schools teachers). BPS teachers will be paid $125/day for up to 2 days of sessions; additional days will not be paid but teachers will still receive clock hours.
- a local opportunity for relicensure hours.
- BPS-focused content on
- curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- personalized learning.
- opportunities for teachers to enhance their skills.
- opportunities for staff to present and share their expertise.
- a focus on the essential skills we want our teachers to have.
Educational Services Center