You are here
Internet access is not mandatory to use Chromebooks but more tools and resources for learning are available when students are able to connect to the Internet. Students and families who do not have internet access at home have a variety of options:
- Low Cost Internet Options Bloomington Public School families to are pre-approved for low-cost internet offers through non-profit companies including a options for $10-$20 per month.
- Wifi Hotspots: All k-12 schools currently have cellular internet wifi hotspots available for circulation in their media center.
- School Media Center Hours: All secondary media centers currently have hours that extend beyond the school day. In addition, some days after school there is additional programming available for students. Consult your school for more information.
- Community Resources: There are several places in the Bloomington Community that have free and open wifi.
- Offline Options: Chromebooks have several offline options which enable tools and using resources even without the internet.